I went into visiting Epcot with low expectations. I knew that pre-pandemic Epcot was already a bit of a mess because of the construction going on in Future World. We had a great time, but I will say it was the most different of all the park experiences. I would almost go as far as to call it “eerie”, but it may could have been that we chose to visit Epcot in the middle of the week to avoid anticipated “festival crowds”. We definitely accomplished avoiding the crowds!
Won’t lie a benefit of the new hours is that Epcot doesn’t open until 11:00, so we were able to sleep in and take it leisurely in the morning – LOVED IT. Side note – I’m not a morning person unless I’m in Disney LOL. Since we were staying at the Swan we walked over to the turnstiles at International Gateway, so we started going around World Showcase towards France. It was honestly so indescribably weird because there was a period when it was just us and like a handful of other people walking around. We were able to visit all the festival booths and snack on so many yummy things with 0 waits at any of the booths.
Our Food and Wine Favorites included
- Brazil – Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF) – $4.50
- Germany – Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce – $4.00
- Africa – Piri Piri Skewered Shrimp with Citrus-scented Couscous – $6.75
- Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar – Shimmering Strawberry Soft-Serve in a Waffle Cone – $5.25
- Desserts and Champagne – Liquid Nitro Chocolate Cake Pops with Crushed M&M’s® Candies – $4.00
- China – Mongolian Beef Bao Bun – $6.75
- Hops and Barley – New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll – $8.25
- Canada – Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll – $5.25
- Canada – Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (GF) – $8.25
- Hawaii – Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet-n-Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney & spicy Mayonnaise – $5.25
- Hawaii – Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and spicy Mayonnaise – $4.25
We also got to see the princess cavalcade a couple of times and once with Mickey and the gang! We rode every ride with little to no wait except Spaceship Earth and Imagination with Figment. Soarin’ we walked straight on which was actually wild. Test Track was our longest wait but once again we got in line during their sanitation period. We manage to always time it so perfectly. We enjoyed Epcot, but it definitely isn’t a full day experience anymore. We were able to get everything done in about 5 to 6 hours. Having the limited Food and Wine festival right now is great because it gives you something a little extra to do, and it’s nice to actually experience it without really packed crowds. Again, take note that we went during the middle of the week, so our experience will be different than if you go during the weekend.